Thursday, March 10, 2011

5 February 2011 State Swimming Meet at BYU


Coach Robinette, called and asked me, if we would be willing to take Fuzuki to the State Swimming Meet at Brigham Young University. Fuzuki didn't swim times fast enough to qualify to swim with the team at State.  However, he wanted her to have the experience of going to state.  We agreed. We stayed with the team at the Cotton Tree Inn.  The Hotel was wonderful. The rooms were very clean and the staff were exceptional.

Fuzuki hung out with the team before the meet and after the meet.
This is where they the hotel served breakfast to all the swimmers the morning of the swimming meet.

At Breakfast the morning before the big meet, the coach said how he would love to have Fuzuki swimming on the team next year. He asked if there was anyway that Fuzuki could return next year. She has improved so much this year, that he would love to watch and see her growth continue if she could return for another year on the swim team.  I told him that she would be welcome to stay with us again for another year if it was ok with her family back in Japan.  The councelors for the program inform me that there is a problem with the visas and we could have problems with an F1 visa in the school district. which she would have if she were to return. The Visa thing is all greek to me. If there was a way that Fuzuki could return to stay with our family for a second school year, she would be more than welcome. We love having her. It would be wonderful for her experience a continued growth in her education here in America.   I know that she seems worried about tests that she needs to take back in Japan for College.

Fuzuki went with them to the University Mall in Orem where they went window shopping, ate lunch and had lots of fun.




Anyways these photos are of Brigham Young University at the State Swimming competition.
Thanks to Brigham Young University for hosting the State Swimming Competition. They did a great job of being wonderful hosts. We all had a great time.

Box Elder Swimmer, Ogden Douglas,  took 2nd place in this heat.



                                 Coach Robinette, center in his thinker pose  is talking with one of the girls

Coach Robinette with folded arms.He is a Great Coach, he loves his 
swimmers just like a Dad loves his children.  There isn't a better Coach!

 
Box Elder Swimmer, Ogden Douglas, takes 2nd again,



The Box Elder High School All State Swim Team

 
 The two dancing here were not part of Box Elder. They were so fun to watch that I had to take video.

What a wonderful time we had. It was LOUD!. It was EXCITING. It was Crowded.  It was LOUD!!!! It was FUN!!  Did I say it was LOUD??
Well, it was so LOUD  that when I finally put paper in my ears, I could finally hear the LOUD SPEAKERS, cause it dampered down the man that was yelling in my ears behind me.   I am sure that his student, never heard him yelling his name as he was swimming.. he just nearly broke my ear drums. I could actually hear people talking normal down the row where we were sitting once I put the paper in my ears.  Yes, IT WAS LOUD!!!!!! 



Fuzuki and Eve were wearing purple and cheering on BEHS!!! GO! GO! GO!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment